Thursday, September 08, 2005

Denial is Cowardice.

You cannot deny that Americans were left to die in New Orleans while the president played guitar, while the Vice President shopped for a house, while the secretary of state saw a Broadway show and shopped for expensive shoes. You cannot deny that truckloads of vital fuel and water were turned away from a city that desperately needed it.

You cannot deny that we have illegally invaded and destroyed another country.

You cannot deny that our Constitutional system of government is being undermined (an impeachable high crime) by the highest officials in the executive branch.

You cannot deny these things, unless you are a coward.

3 comments:

suzannejb8 said...

but what if I am a coward? Am I to be hated? We know people that we love and know that they deny such things. What do we do then?

Anonymous said...

Just as an alcoholic will get mad at you if you tell him to stop drinking, a person in denial about any issue may have adjustments to make when light is shined on that denial. Nonetheless, we have to let people know that we do not sign off on their BS. I have a message for people who refuse to face up to the truth of things that are making our world worse: "You are living a lie, you are selling us out, and you are putting us all in a great deal of danger". At our last demonstration I was holding a sign that said "WAKE UP" on one side, and "INDIFFERENCE breeds TYRANNY" on the other. Even America's enemies recognize the cowardly indifference and denial that has infected America. People need to face up to the shameful things that are happening to our republic. Without waking up, we are headed for extreme misfortune. Regarding my own cowardice, I daily resolve to correct it. I urge others to do the same. Regarding my hatred, I daily resolve to correct it. I urge others to do the same. Also, it takes time for people to come around. Some never do. I only engage opposition at work when that debate can be heard by "(swing-voters)". Some people have sold out so completely that to face up to it would be unbearable. The best that can be done with them is to make sure that others around them recognize that trap.

suzannejb8 said...

I recall from somewhere someone saying "you're yelling too loud -- I cannot hear you!" I fear the argument is hurt when presented in a beligerant manner; it is not heard.

Blog Archive