Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First they Came for the Gays

First they Came for the Gays

Here's the Niemoller Poem first: (Niemoller was a German U-Boat Officer, and a Preacher, and a Concentration-Camp Inmate after he spoke out against the Nazi Regime)

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up,
because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945


Okay, now with this in mind, I think this "gay-bashing" thing on mainstream TV is indicative of a society that is clearly headed down the wrong path:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200708300006
"
I've been bothered in men's rooms." Carlson continued, "I've been bothered in Georgetown Park," in Washington, D.C., "when I was in high school." When Abrams asked how Carlson responded to being "bothered," as Abrams and Scarborough laughed, Carlson asserted, "I went back with someone I knew and grabbed the guy by the -- you know, and grabbed him, and ... hit him against the stall with his head, actually." The laughter continued.
"
http://mediamatters.org/items/200708300006

There's more information about this Carlson Broadcast Here.

There's an action link HERE.

The implication here is clearly that it's supposed to be okay to physically attack someone if they make a suggestion you don't like.

This is encouragement of Anti Social Behavior. Keep "Anti Social" in mind. It is a primary characteristic of the Right Wing.

-- Mark Frankenberg

HEAR the MUSIC. Read the BOOK.
get a FREE "Just Say NO to Fascism" Bumper Sticker
http://www.AmericanWisdom.org

No comments:

Blog Archive