Monday, September 17, 2007

Spoiler could Cause Bathtub Drowning: Ron Paul Nader Perot

Spoiler could Cause Bathtub Drowning: Ron Paul Nader Perot

"Drown it in a Bathtub" comes to mind right off the bat.

Ron Paul's Platform sounds too good to be true: "Support the Constitution.. Undo the Police State, end the FED, nix the Income Tax, out of Iraq, No to an Attack on Iran"

If it sounds too good to be true, it's NOT True.

Under a pseudo-Ayn-Rand-ian scenario, education and healthcare and infrastructure and public safety in general would be gradually gutted and sold off to the highest bidder. The power would be completely handed off to the moneyed interests and the middle and lower classes in America would be left to rot.

Notice all the money going into this Ron Paul Effort.

Reminds me of Nader and Perot. Both of those guys said some good stuff, but because we don't have instant runoff voting in America yet, when you cast a vote for a hopeful like that, and then he doesn't win, the door is open for the worst possible choice to step in.

I don't like Romney
I don't like Guliani
I don't like McCain

I don't like Clinton
I don't find Obama especially inspiring
I don't see Edwards as much better than Bill Clinton was, but I DO like that he's been fighting corporate power..some.. and winning. He's tied in with the power structure and could be complicit in a future attack on Iran.

I DO like Kucinich.
Mike Gravel's worth Watching too.

This "Drown [the government] in a Bathtub" mentality (using the bogus notion of "corporate personhood" and then using a "libertarian" stance to stand up for the rights [including the right to bear arms] of corporate power) opens the door fully for rich crooks and puts the idea of government of, for and by the people, even further out of reach. I believe that Ron Paul probably means well, as did Nader and Perot, but I also believe that there is a LOT of cynical, anti-social, behind-the-scenes Republican Energy going into creating a fevor around Ron Paul, just so they have a shot at keeping the Democrats out of the White House in 2008.

And some of the nods I see the Ron Paul camp giving toward the racists, the religious wackos and those just looking for scapegoats, should be cause for alarm too. Don't be a sucker for hatred and fear.

Time for a history lesson:
Republicans represent the monied interests (I.E. Rich Crooks).
Democrats are supposed to represent working people (I.E. Me and You).
The Democratic Party is in large part whoring itself out to the monied interests as a result of the largely successful attacks from the monied interests (Red Scare, Cold War, Union-Busting, etc.)

What do I make of all this mess?

Support Kucinich or Mike Gravel for the White House in '08. Put Ron Paul in all the debates (a' la Perot '92).

If Edwards wins the primary I'll back him but I'd rather see Kucinich or Gravel.

And make Instant-Runoff Voting a campaign issue.

-- Mark Frankenberg

HEAR the MUSIC. Read the BOOK.
get a FREE "Just Say NO to Fascism" Bumper Sticker
http://www.AmericanWisdom.org

2 comments:

suzannejb8 said...

based on your assessment, and not knowing anything about your favorites, I think I'd be an Edwards voter. Being an insider has its benefits. He's also pretty good-looking ;-)

ryanshaunkelly said...

Gravel kucinich paul nader perot carter [conyers?rangel?] united for truth elicit fear smear blacklist.

Honesty compassion intelligence guts.

No more extortion blackmail bribery division.

Divided we fall.

Blog Archive