Friday, September 14, 2007

Guerrilla Guitars

Guerrilla Guitars

Lunchtime in front of the Bank of America Building was a great success. Many passers-by indicated their advocacy of the protest-songs I was bellowing out, with my guitar and my "Peaceful Victory Against Fascism" T-shirt draped over the music-stand that held my song-texts.

Sometime between the song about the IMF taking away the lifeblood of innocents all over the world, and the one about poor folks going to fight in wars that benefit the rich, or the one where I described all these wars and atrocities that soldiers had been asked to go commit, and how they more and more are refusing to do it, a security-uniformed person came by and asked me to take my things and go away.

We discussed briefly how the public sidewalk I was standing on did NOT belong to the bank he had just come out of, did NOT belong to the security company he was working for, but DID IN FACT belong to me, and the rest of the citizens of St. Petersburg, Florida. And it was a beautiful day. The kind of day that just makes you want to go and stand in front of the tallest building in town and serenade your neighbors.

So he went away.

Shame that some lemming goose-stepper thought that my songs of freedom were a nuisance, out there in front of the "temple of the money-changers".

If things were right in this world, the president of that bank would have come down and thanked me personally for gracing the sidewalk near his building with such PLAINLY AMERICAN music.

While things continue NOT to be right in this world, don't be surprised when you see me, or another guerrilla guitarist, pop up just about anywhere and start bellowing out Woodie Guthrie, among others.

-- Peace. Now.

-- Mark Frankenberg

HEAR the MUSIC. Read the BOOK.
get a FREE "Just Say NO to Fascism" Bumper Sticker
http://www.AmericanWisdom.org

No comments:

Blog Archive